Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I know... I said I was going to post last week about how my interview went. I left feeling that it had went "ok.' I didn't feel bad about it, although there were questions that I didn't answer the way I would have liked to. I definitely felt everyone's thoughts and prayers with me, though!

I think that I have shared before... I am NOT good at waiting, not good at the unknown. Tell me what's going on and I can deal with it. I may have a meltdown initially, but then I dig in and manage. After the interview the wait began. I was told that I would probably hear one way or the other this week. So... in spite of knowing better (and knowing that God's plan and timing are perfect), I was impatient Thursday night. Yep... same night as the interview.  On Friday morning, Mark and I were at the dentist. I had just got seated in the chair for my examination and had my mouth wide open when the phone rang.  I KNEW that this was the call. Really, the only person who calls my cell phone during the day is Mark and he was in another exam room so it couldn't be him. That was the LONGEST hour that I have ever spent in the dentist chair.

I waited until we were both finished and out in the car before I checked my messages. Yep, it was HR requesting that I call them as soon as possible which of course, I did. And yes, I am happy to be able to report that I was offered the job!

Another thing that I am thankful for today is F*irmont Medical Center. This is where I have been completing my clinicals. My preceptors and the staff have been wonderful to me. They believe in me enough that they have offered me a position as well. I have come to know and love many of the patients - they feel like my own. Anyway, yesterday was my last day of clinicals - 750+ hours total. Another thing checked off my list. It's getting shorter!  Scary and exciting at the same time.

I am so thankful for God's presence and the support of my family and friends over the past 2 1/2 years - without them, there is no way I could have done this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill