Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I really kind of balked against writing a "Thankful Thursday" post today. I tried to convince myself that it was ok to skip blogging tonight. I wanted to use any number of reasons. I've got a nasty combination of allergies and a cold so am not feeling the best. I should have been in bed a while ago, it's getting late. I received a couple of emails today that really require me to trust that God knows the plan for our lives better than I do (more on that next time) and that I am NOT in control. So, yeah... I wanted to just ignore God when He whispered to me, "You need to make your Thankful Thursday post tonight." But, I knew that I needed to take a few minutes to focus on the blessings that are truly a gift from above.

#1 - Cold medicine - Yep... I know that seems like a silly thing to be thankful for, but I also know how rotten I would be feeling without it. A huge thanks to the researchers who develop medications to treat and prevent illness. 

#2 - A sweet husband who I love very much! I haven't seen him since Monday so I am looking forward to spending some time together this weekend.

# 3 - I've said this in previous posts, but I am thankful that God can see the big picture when I can't. It's hard to understand why some things happen, but He knows why and He knows how to work good out of adversity. I am thankful that God knows the plans for our future. His plans are not my plans and as much as I would like to be in control, the reality is that it's much better for me to listen to His guidance. I am absolutely human and struggle in my faith walk like many others, but I am so glad to have a God that loves me and is steadfast and unchanging in the midst of life's challenges.

#4 - Healing - A co-worker (and friend)'s husband was seriously injured in a recent car accident. Greg's recovery has progressed faster than the doctors were expecting and they are hoping he may be to return home in the very near future. Although he has a long road ahead, God's grace and healing have been evident in the days since the accident.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill