Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Well today is Saturday, I will be doing thankful Thursday today (this is mark). Today I am thankful I am home.  I had a very long and hard day on Thursday.  My normal work day starts on Wednesday night when I leave for work at about 7:00pm.  This week we (Tom and I, Tom is my driving partner and we ride share to work)  left an hour early because we had a very big load.  When we got to work we had a flat tire on the trailer.  So we are no longer early. Then we got to talk to the shuttle driver (he was bringing the extra trailer to us)  He was nice enough (very very nice) to put two small stops to the side and deliver the biggest stop on that trailer so that we would make it to Chuck E. Cheese before the big dinner rush and they would let us make our delivery. 

Next we had a stop on our second trailer that was on the wrong trailer. It needed to go to o'falen MO.
We were in Racine WI. We put that stop on six pallets and set it on the right side of the trailer so we could finnish doing the normal stops in Racine and Kenosha before going to O'Falen MO. adding about sixteen hours to our day.  This may sound like a gripe and not a thankful Thursday note, but this very long and hard day will make us about $1,200 so that is a good payday for Tom and I.  So my day starded at 6:00 pm Wednesday night and ended Friday afternoon at 5:00 pm when I got home and that makes for a very long hard day.

Now I get to spend Valentine's day with Melanie, this will be number six for us. I'm glad she puts up with me and lets me live in her house with the two cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill