Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sigh...

I'm heading home tomorrow after a week on the East Coast. I had great plans for my time away. I was going to blog every day, spend much time with my Heavenly Father, catch up on long neglected emails to dear friends, catch up on sleep, and come home completely refreshed and rejuvenated. If I was going to be graded on my success, I would say that I bombed!
I started a blog post a few days ago, but never got it completed. I did spend time with God, although not as much as I anticipated. Finished an amazing book called "In the Grip of Grace" by Max Lucado (more on that topic another day), got one email sent, went to bed way too late, and woke up way too early (most days between 5-6am). I'm going home as tired as when I left.
But, I did have a good time. I attended a work conference which was very educational. Much info to use in my daily practice. The location was beautiful and the weather was perfect (only one day with a bit of rain). I got to see Martha's Vineyard, Plymouth Rock, Hyannis. My responsibilities were limited to just me (thanks to my wonderful hubby who held down the fort at home). 
And yet, I didn't quite find that peace I was looking for. I didn't see everything I wanted to. Emails and phone calls didn't get made. I didn't feel ready for this time to end because I had "so much" left do so. Silly, isn't it? This evening, I felt God speaking to me so gently. He reminded me that life is a journey. It isn't necessary to check everything off on my "to-do" list. The world is not going to end because I didn't see all the tourist attractions here in Massachusets. 
What matters is slowing down a bit (something I've never been good at) so that I can hear His voice and feel His presence. Stopping to give thanks for the innumerable blessings in my life. Praying for those who have specifically asked for it, as well as those that He brings to mind. Seeing the world through His eyes reaching out to make a difference in someone's life. Recognizing that I can't and never will be able to do it all and accepting that that is ok. And remembering that my dependence on my Savior trumps anything else. So thankful for His grace and mercy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill