Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, March 2, 2014

An awww moment!

This afternoon, Matthew asked me to read him the book, "I love you forever." I can never make it through that without getting teary. If you're not familiar with the book, it's about a mom who sings to her son over the years about loving him forever, liking him always, and that he will always be her baby. At the end, the mom is old and sick. She calls her son and tells him to come visit. When he arrives, she tries singing the song, but can't finish it because she is old and sick. The son picks up his mom, rocks her, and sings the song back to her, telling her that she will always be his mommy. He then goes home and sings the song to his new baby daughter.
Matthews told me that when I get old, I need to call him. He will come to my house, pick me up, rock me, and sing the song. He also told me that he will not live across town (like the son in the story), he will live right next door. Oh, sweet boy! This mom was in tears!

1 comment:

  1. I know there are hard moments, but it is the heart touching moments that parents remember. That is one of those moments. Cherish it!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill