Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

One year ago today, our dossier arrived in California on it's way to Ukraine. Oh... the anticipation of knowing that we were that much closer to our child. I am so thankful that God has walked with us each step of the journey. Blessing us with our beautiful daughter. Can you imagine how He must have grinned when we met Matthew for the first time? Knowing that we were going to be that adorable boy's parents? Knowing what my heart instinctively told me the first time I held him? That I was going to be Matthew's mama. I am thankful beyond measure for His perfect plan for my life and for the treasures He has given me!

And speaking of one of those treasures... for the first time tonight, Maia said "I love you" - in Miss Maia language of course. What a precious moment that was!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark & Melanie,

    This is your cousin Bethany. While I am not a blogger at all, I have been enjoying so much reading your blog on your 2 precious gifts from God!
    We WI cousins want to have a shower for you to celebrate Maia and Matthew joining the family! Since we are a smaller bunch here, we are trying our best to find a weekend when at least most first cousins can make it. This will be a family shower...don't worry Mark, I won't make you play any silly games! I would like to throw out a couple dates to you to see if either would work for you: Sat. Oct. 22 or Sat. Oct. 29. If neither of these work, we'll continue on into Nov. In fact, if neigher of the Oct dates work, would you mind sending me available Sat. or Sun. dates in November?

    We are all so excited to meet Matthew and since I was gone over Mother's Day, I haven't met Maia yet!

    Looking forward to hearing from you and getting a date set for this wonderful celebration!

    Bethany ( montgomery@usfamily.net )

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill