Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tough Day

Our hearts are aching tonight. It has been a very difficult afternoon and evening. Out of respect for the privacy of those involved, I am going to be vague in details. This afternoon, we received news of 2 separate situations that involve people we care deeply about.

The family of one of Mark's closest friends suffered a tragedy that resulted in the loss of life as well as multiple injuries. We don't know much about the circumstances yet, but do know that the effects will be far reaching.

Equally heartwrenching is news that I received from some friends who Mark and I consider to be part of our family. They are facing some personal challenges and really need to feel God's love and healing touch right now.

I know that it is sometimes tough to pray without knowing what specifically to ask for, but would you please take a few minutes just to ask God to comfort both of these hurting families who are so, so precious to us. He will hear your prayers and know who they are for.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Melanie, I am soooo sorry. I just realized blogger is not giving me regular updates when you blog. I'm so sorry I missed this but I will still pray even though it's a few days late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just getting caught up-to-date with your pages here... My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who have been affected by these events. I thank you very, very much for YOUR thoughts, cares and prayers during this very difficult time! By now, you may or may not know, that my father's bus had a major accident on this day on I-90. God, please take care of those you asked to be with you, and comfort those who were affected by this tragedy. Our driver was finally released from the hospital and had discovered that he had an aneurism in his chest, which caused him to pass out while driving our dear friends back from a day of fun in Iowa. Thank you Mark, Melanie and all of you who have given us your prayers...God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill