Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, February 1, 2010

Thoughts

Last week, I shared that I have been feeling pretty discouraged. I wish that I could say I am over that now, but honestly... I still am struggling with impatience. I admit it - I have control issues. I can deal with almost anything as long as I know what it is that I am facing. I don't like the "unknown." So waiting and wondering is difficult for me. I want to be following whatever path God has for me, right now... I feel kind of like the path is taking me through an area where it is difficult to see. Our adoption and my career are places where I thought I knew where God was leading me, thought I could see the destination - now, I'm not quite so sure. So, I am praying for an open mind and acceptance of whatever path that I/we (Mark & I) are supposed to take. I'm hoping for a sign or "compass" that will give us a glimpse of where we are headed.

I was putting together a bridal shower gift tonight. I had purchased a cute photo album a long time ago - didn't have any plans for it, but it was a good deal and I knew the right opportunity would come along. So, I was flipping through the pages to make sure there wasn't a receipt or something left inside. I noticed a small card tucked in one of the page pockets and pulled it out. It had a picture of a dove with the following verse on it, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" (Romans 15:13). Now, I KNOW that I did not put that card in the photo album. Hmmmm - maybe God was trying to tell me something.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I woudl say God put that note there.

    Sorry your having a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! That was a direct message from Him! Treasure it!

    And remember, God gives us just enough light to see the next stepping stone. If He showed us the entire path, we might be a bit overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill