Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thankful!

Well, another Thursday is almost gone. But, I am quite earnest in my desire to get back to blogging again. I couldn't let the day end without sharing a few things I am thankful for today.

- God is truly good! My step-son James posted a quote on his FB page yesterday that went something like this, "Sometimes, the worst times in our lives are what bring us to the best times in our lives." What a wonderful for those moments when you wonder how you can keep going. I've posted before about how God has created beauty from ashes in my life. He's got a LOT of work left to do in me, no doubt. But, His plans are to bless us in ways beyond anything we could imagine.

- Our church has a secret prayer sister program. We commit to praying for our "sister" and can do little things to encourage them throughout the year. I received a sweet card from my prayer sister today that said, "The moments of your day and the needs of your heart are in His hands." Such a comforting reminder of God's presence even in those mundane moments. And what reassurance to realize that He cradles my needs, my wants, my longings, my sorrows, everything about me gently in the palm of His hand.

- This winter has been relentless. It seems like there has been no reprieve, either frigid or snowing. I'm thankful that the days are getting longer and there is an end in sight (at least, I hope so). Looking forward to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill