Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Can't believe it's been this long!

Time got away from me over the past week. I looked at the blog and realized that I hadn't updated since last Tuesday. Time to catch up!

Another week of orientation flew by. Passing my certification exam is just one of the steps to being able to work as a nurse practitioner. I'm waiting for my official notice in the mail. Then, have to apply with the state board of nursing for approval to practice. Also, I have to apply for a federal prescribing number. So... it will probably be several more weeks until I can actually function independently. But... at least I'm on my way.

I am forever an optimist that life will someday settle down. That someday never seems to come. No schoolwork to do, but other things seem to keep me just as busy. Where did I fit studying in? I suppose in some ways, I am trying to "catch up" on everything that took lower priority while I was in school.

Last weekend, we took Mark's "new" (old) skid loader to my parents' place. My dad is going to use it to clean out one of his cattle pens. Hmmm... think it may need to be cleaned up a little afterwards. Anyway, Mark was using our motorhome to pull the trailer since the skid loader weighs so much. Unfortunately, the motorhome's transmission decided it was time to spring a leak. And not just a little one! He was able to get it back to Denise and Guy's place (we were borrowing their trailer), thank goodness. What should have taken no more than a couple of hours took us 8!!! Looks like the motorhome won't be making it up to the cabin any time soon. :(  Hopefully, it's an easy fix since that is my shower when we are there.

Headed for the cities today to drop off the last of the necessary paperwork (or so I thought) for our home study. Got there and found out that they need proof of vaccinations for all the pets. Guess what I will be doing next Tuesday?? I had planned to take them in soon anyway, especially now that we have Dryfus but it wasn't at the top of my priority list. My priorities have just changed - lol!

As soon as our home study is complete, it will be sent to the USCIS with our application for approval to bring a child (or two) into the country. Once approved, we will receive an appointment for fingerprinting. In the meantime, we will start work on our dossier so that we can move as quickly as possible in getting that ready to send to Ukraine. I'm pretty sure the paperwork could be a full time job!  :~)  At least we are continuing to make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill