Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1. Adoptive Families - Last week, I posted about Duncan - a precious little boy with Down's Syndrome who would be institutionalized if he did not find a family soon. I am happy to share that Duncan now has a mommy and daddy to call his own. 14 of the waiting angels on Reese's Rainbow Christmas Angel Tree Project have already found homes this year. Please consider donating to the grant fund of one or more of these beautiful children. You can find out more by clicking here. I'll share more about our donation next week.

2. Tasha - 5 1/2 years ago, a special little girl named Tasha came to spend the summer with her aunt and uncle - my dear friends, Jeanne and Ken. Her summer trip turned into a permanent move and she now calls Jeanne and Ken "mom and dad." I have been blessed to become Tasha's "honorary" aunt and know that my life is better because she is a part of it. Time goes quickly and the 7 year old is now a beautiful young lady of almost 14. Spending time with Tasha is a gift to me - I love her dearly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill