Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1. Today, I am thankful for parents. Mark and I are blessed to have 3 sets.



Jerry and Arlene are my parents. They have been married almost 40 years and have taught me about sustaining love over a lifetime. When I was younger, I used to be embarassed when my friends commented that my parents acted like newlyweds. Now, I realize that is something to admire and be proud of. I am thankful that they live close enough that our child will be able to spend time with them and enjoy their hobby farm. Several years ago, when I considered the adoption of a very special little boy as a single parent - they were totally accepting of that. I am thankful for their continued support as Mark and I start our own journey to adopt.




Mert and Joanne are Mark's parents. They are also so special - welcoming me into the family with open arms. Although there are many things that make them a blessing, Mert and Joanne are caring and supportive - for example, they were "right there" when I needed them during an especially difficult time when Mark was on the road. I can see the love they share and appreciate their great example for marriage! They are excited about a new grandchild in the family and I am thankful for their encouragement as we seek to adopt. They also live close to us and our child will enjoy spending time with them - especially fishing with Papa in the summer!


Bonnie and Wally are my first in-laws. After Bob (my first husband) died, I was concerned that my relationship with Bonnie and Wally might change. I still consider them my family and am so thankful that Mark accepts them as a second set of in-laws. Thankfully - Bonnie and Wally continue to be part of our lives. I see them frequently and love them very much! Our child will be blessed to have an extra set of grandparents nearby to love and spoil them - camping will probably be part of the fun,too!


2. I am thankful for computers and blogs. What a great way to share our journey with all those who want to be a part of it!


3. Enough - Although there are times when I want "more," the reality is that I have more than enough. I am thankful to have "enough" money to pay the bills, "enough" love to sustain me every day, "enough" food to eat (ok, you can tell I probably have more than enough of that - lol!), but truly enough of everything I could possibly need. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill